1. Team members must stay together and complete every clue together.
2. Teams may only walk, run, or use public transportation during the race. No bicycles, roller blades/skates, skateboards, personal vehicles, taxis, or any other mode of private transportation is permitted.
3. Teams may use smart-phones, computers, phone-a-friend, or any other strategy to solve the clues.
4. Clue completion will be judged by the photographs taken and by station staff during the Quest. The ruling of the finish-line Quest official is final.
5. Teams must complete a minimum of 13 clues.
6. Teams must abide by all local, state, and federal laws, in addition to traffic and pedestrian laws. Any teams found in violation will automatically be disqualified from the Quest.
• What’s included in my registration?
- Entry fees for you and your teammate(s)
- Race bibs
- T-shirt (we can guarantee your size as long as you register at least 2 weeks prior to your race)
- Clue sheet and special items you may need on the course
- A bottle of water, given out at one of the clue stations
If you complete your quest, you’ll be rewarded with a medal and enjoy a victory party!
• Do I sign a waiver?
Yes. We’ll provide everything on Quest day during check-in. You may read the waiver here. Active.com, our online registration company, has you sign their separate waiver during online registration. For participants under 18 who are not competing with their parent or guardian, must bring a signed copy of the waiver from their parent or guardian with them when they check in before the quest.
• Can I change my partner?
Yes. Bring your new partner to check-in. We require both of your IDs.
• What’s the best way to take on the Quest if I’ve got a large group of friends or want to participate as part of a group or organization?
Teams can be composed of 2-4 people. If your group size is different from those available, simply break up the registrations to accommodate your size. If your group registers as multiple teams, you may still tackle the Quest challenge together so long as each team completed their clue sheet. If you have a larger group, please contact us to discuss group discounts.
• If I register as part of a larger team (3 or 4 people) and someone drops out, can we get a partial refund?
You will want to find a replacement person as we only issue refunds on account of severe weather. Be certain the new member brings their ID and checks in with your team on Quest day.
• Where is the course?
Your city is the course and nothing is more set than that. Clues are given to lead you to various checkpoints around town. Each team chooses their own path, their own destiny!
• How long will it take?
We estimate 2 -4 hours to complete. There is a 4 hour time limit.
• How far will I go?
Approximately 3-7 miles
• Can I run or walk the entire thing?
Yes, of course! All athletic abilities are welcome. You determine your clue order and you can either run or walk between clue stations. This Quest will be stop and go as you tackle the station challenges.
• What if I can’t find a checkpoint or clue station?
Keep looking, ask for help, or move on to another clue. With 20 to choose from, you are set to go.
• Will the roads be blocked off?
All roads will be open as normal. Safety is our primary concern. Please be aware of your surroundings and follow all traffic and pedestrian laws. Teams cannot interfere with other teams or block their progress. Teams must remain respectful of the public during Quest completion.
• What do I need to bring on Quest day?
- You and your teammate(s), preferably dressed as superheroes
- A digital camera or equivalent (i.e. smart phone)
- A photo ID for each team member
- A signed waiver (for participants under 18 not competing with their parent or legal guardian
- Your best superhero moves
• Must I bring a digital camera or equivalent (i.e. smart phone)?
Yes, your team must have a camera or equivalent. You will take photos of completed clues and stations which are shown to the Quest official at the finish line.
• What should I wear?
We encourage teams and families to dress as superheroes - either made up or your favorite. You can even create your own superhero identity! All participants will receive a t-shirt at the start of the race as well. Please make sure you’re dressed comfortably for the weather.
• What time do I need to show up?
Teams check-in is from 11am-11:45am. Please leave yourself ample time to park, collect your Quest packet, sign your waiver, put on your race bib number, and get into the superhero groove!
• Where do I go?
Your registration email confirmation contains this information. All participants are also emailed the start location days before the Quest.
• What is the parking setup?
We’ll email you this information along with other “need to know info” days prior to your Quest.
• What if it rains?
A quest must be fulfilled rain or shine. In the event of dangerous weather, all participants will be contacted about the cancellation and the Quest will be rescheduled accordingly.
• Who can I contact if I have further question?
Email us at thesuperheroquest [at] gmail.com or leave a message at 615-307-0350 and we’ll return your call promptly.